We are delighted to announce that the #OER18: Open to All Call for Proposals has now been published. The 9th Open Educational Resources Conference, OER18: Open to All, will be held from 18 to 19 April 2018 in Bristol. The conference themes for submission this year are:
- How can open practice and research support learner success?
- How does Open Education foster learner diversity and support inclusivity?
- What skills do learners need and develop in experiencing open learning?
- Politics in action – (following up from #OER17) – what are your latest initiatives in support of learning and growth?
- How is OER learning from, and contributing to, other open activities, e.g. open science, open source, open data, open access etc.?
- Wildcard – what do we need to include? What have we ignored?
There are four submission formats:
|Lightning talks||The title says it all.
Time: 5 minutes
|Presentations||These will normally take the form of a 15-minute presentation followed by 5 minutes for questions.
Time: 20 minutes
|Workshops and panels||These may follow a variety of formats. We are especially interested in innovative, interactive and creative session formats. Due to the high demand for sessions, we have to limit the number of workshop proposals to those who clearly demonstrate how participants will engage.
Panels were a popular choice of session at OER17. While we will still accept and review panel proposals, there will be comparatively fewer panels at OER18 as we want to give more space to presentations drawing on research and practice. Please consider a joint presentation or workshop instead of a panel.
Time: 60 minutes (with optional extension to 90 minutes for workshops).
|Posters||Posters will be displayed in the conference area and should clearly address one or more of the conference themes.
Abstract word limit: 250
The system (OCS) for making your submissions will be open later this month and a link will be added to https://oer18.oerconf.org/call-for-proposals/. The deadline for submissions is 17 November 2017.
We hope to see you in Bristol in April 2018!