The Call and the submission system are now closed. The information below is for reference only.
OER18 is inviting proposal for presentations, lightning talks, posters, workshops and panels. Your proposal needs to show clearly how your session will address one or more of the conference themes and should include recent research, case studies, practice or learner perspectives from any educational context, including schools, colleges, universities, industry, training and skills.
Our co-chairs and committee invite everyone, no matter what their links to or interest in Open Education, to respond to these challenges under the following themes:
- How can open practice and research support learner success?
- How does Open Education foster learner diversity and support inclusivity?
- What skills do learners need and develop in experiencing open learning?
- Politics in action – (following up from #OER17) – what are your latest initiatives in support of learning and growth?
- How is OER learning from, and contributing to, other open activities, e.g. open science, open source, open data, open access etc.?
- Wildcard – what do we need to include? What have we ignored?
Make a submission via the Open Conference System
Proposals should be be submitted via the Open Conference System (OCS) at http://ocs.sfu.ca/alt/index.php/conferences/OER18.
To submit a proposal:
- Login or create an account. N.B. when creating an account select ‘Author’ from the options under ‘Create account as’. If you do not select this option you will not be able to submit a proposal.
- From the User Home area select ‘New Submission‘ under ‘OER18: Open to All’
- Follow the steps to submit your proposal, you can save your work at any time and return.
- Once submitted you will receive a confirmation email and can track the progress of your submission at any time from the ‘User Home‘ page.
Please make sure to follow the submission guidelines and note that you can only be lead author for one proposal.