Critical and global perspectives
10-11 April 2019, National University of Ireland, Galway
We are looking forward to welcome you in 2019, when the OER Conference will focus on the following themes:
- Back to basics – asking hard questions about open education
- Why open?
- Open by/for whom?
- Whose interests are served?
- Has the open agenda been sold out?
- The geopolitics of open education, bringing open in from the periphery
- The open ecosystem: How is open education part of the broader ecosystem of “opens”?
- What does it mean to illuminate open by considering context?
- How can historical perspectives contribute to understanding the issues we face in the open education movement today?
- Links between critical digital literacies, critical data literacies, and open
- Considering open business models and paths to sustainability
The conference will be co-chaired by Laura Czerniewicz and Catherine Cronin.