The draft programme for OER18 has now been published. You can access the programme here. Registration for the conference is open and you can find further information about social activities, accommodation and travel via the registration page.
OER18 turns the focus on one of the often-cited benefits of ‘open’ – the promise of inclusivity. How do the resources, methods and projects that make up Open Education support making education available to all? As a movement over 15 years old, has Open Education made an impact – on learners, on society and on education? What can we do to to support learning in the open – and how can we use open to support learning?
We now have a programme encompassing a wide variety of session topics along the following themes:
- How can open practice and research support learner success?
- How does Open Education foster learner diversity and support inclusivity?
- What skills do learners need and develop in experiencing open learning?
- Politics in action – (following up from #OER17) – what are your latest initiatives in support of learning and growth?
- How is OER learning from, and contributing to, other open activities, e.g. open science, open source, open data, open access etc.?
- Wildcard – what do we need to include? What have we ignored?