We have aimed to make our charges for this event reasonable in order to be as inclusive as possible. However, if cost is a genuine barrier, we have a small amount of limited funding that we can use to help subsidise registrations. If you are presenting a paper or if you are a student, from a small FE organisation, a school teacher, work in adult and community education, GLAM or are a member of the public with a special interest in OER wanting to attend, please complete the form below or contact us to discuss your options. Both national and international applications will be considered, but please note that it is unlikely that we will be able to refund travel. Please note the terms and conditions below (including cancellation charges).
Terms and Conditions
- This funding option is specifically available to unfunded projects and individuals, teaching and support staff and students, members of the public who are not otherwise supported by an organisation.
- Those working in HEIs are not eligible to apply.
- The funds available to cover registration and accommodation costs are limited and will be decided by the Programme Committee, signed off by the Treasurer, on merit.
- Travel costs must normally be met from elsewhere.
- There is no appeal procedure once a decision has been made.
- You may be required to provide evidence of your circumstances in order to qualify (e.g student number, line manager’s letter, etc).
- Any inaccuracy in the description of your circumstances will lead to any awards being withdrawn.
- If you are awarded financial help but are unable to attend, you must inform us as soon as possible. ‘No-show’ places will result in a request for full payment for attendance being re-instated as this would prevent another from taking up a funded place
How to apply
To apply for funding assistance please complete the funding form by 18 January 2018. Decisions for funding assistance will be sent in w/c 22 January 2018.